You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Pancake’ tag.
Today is the day that is renown for pigging out, for excesses. Today is called many different things, Fat Tuesday, Shrove Tuesday, Mardi Gras (which means “Fat Tuesday”). It is the day traditionally that all the flour and other fattening foods are used in the house to prepare for the forty days of Lent, which begins tomorrow. In some parts of the world, it is also called Pancake Day, since many cultures use up their flour to make pancakes that day.
Whether you choose to “pig out” and party on this day (many of us are working so I don’t know how much partying is going on for a Tuesday following a long weekend) or simply celebrate the day quietly or not at all, it seems a good day to make breakfast for dinner. Pancakes, easy, simple – my boys’ favorite dinner when Mom’s not home to cook.
Enjoy the day – Joyeux Mardi Gras!
Related articles by Zemanta
- It’s Shrove Tuesday: Pancake Day! (friendseat.com)
- What Is The Meaning Of Shrove Tuesday And Ash Wednesday? (blurtit.com)
- A perfect Pancake Day | Open thread (guardian.co.uk)
- Let them eat Cake – King Cake (friendseat.com)
- Twitter Tuesday: 10 Recipes for Mardi Gras (thekitchn.com)