You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Home remedy’ tag.
When you think about it, we all have folk remedies that we might use when we have a cold, a bug bite, a bee sting and the like. We all have heard of castor oil, witch hazel and mustard plasters. We continue to use them because we are convinced that they work. Whether that faith comes from the opinion of a much loved relative – such as a grandmother – or medical science, we do it because we have faith that it will help us.
Such is the case with Olympic skier Lindsey Vonn and cheese. According to an article in CNN Health, Vonn has been wrapping her injured shin in cheese. Austrian cheese to be exact, Topfen. According to Vonn her trainer began doing this and she believes that it helps.
The article explains that sometimes it is not the method utilized for these home remedies that work, but rather the faith that the person receiving the remedy places in the remedy itself. Basically, the power of positive thinking.
The internet is replete with various home remedies and reasons why they work. The most important reason why they seem to work is that the recipient believes that it will work. The power of faith – even if it is faith in cheese.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Lindsey Vonn Using Cheese, Painkillers For Injured Shin (huffingtonpost.com)
- Skier spreads cheese on leg to heal injury (cnn.com)
- Painful injury could cloud Vonn’s Olympic dream (olympics.thestar.com)
- Vonn using painkillers, cheese to treat shin (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Lindsey Vonn Shin Update: Vonn To Train Thursday (huffingtonpost.com)