You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Friday’ tag.
This kid….. I get to pick up this kid today and have him home for a month. I know that I only saw him a couple weeks ago for Thanksgiving, but still, makes a mom’s heart sing.
Speaking of singing, today is Madfest in Burlington. We are heading up later to see this kid and his fellow chamber singers perform at the annual Madrigal Festival. Always a good performance.
So, whatever you may have lined up for this Friday the 13th, have a great day!
Friggatriskaidekaphobic is the irrational fear of Friday the 13th. Are you friggatriskaidekaphobic? If you are, you are in for one hell of year, since there are three (count ’em) Friday the 13ths in the year 2012 — all thirteen weeks apart. How’s that for freaky? A fun fact is that any month that starts on a Sunday will include a Friday the 13th.
Friggatriskaidekaphobia is a condition that between 17 and 21 million Americans actually suffer. Frigga is the name of the Scandinavian fertility goddess and Friday is named after her, triskaidekaphobia is the fear of the number 13. Why the fear of Friday the 13th, anyway?
Superstitions have long surrounded the number 13 in general and Friday the 13th in particular.
- 80% of high rise buildings do not acknowledge the 13th floor.
- Many airports skip the 13th gate
- Some hospital and hotels have no rooms numbered 13.
- 13 is considered an unlucky number because it follows the number 12, which in numerology is considered a complete number – 12 signs of the zodiac, 12 months of the year, 12 apostles.
- Fewer car accidents, fires and crimes occur on a Friday the 13th than any other day of the month.
- Airfare costs on average 12-14% less for travel on Friday the 13th than any other day.
- In the Canterbury Tales Fridays were considered an unsafe day for travel.
- Myths.. Superstitions… and Origins of 2012′s first Friday The 13th (bazaardaily.com)
- Friday The 13th Superstitions (socyberty.com)
- Friday the 13th (cayobuay.wordpress.com)
Okay, well maybe not the whole world, that would be pretty darn amazing wouldn’t it? I guess that I mean my own little corner of the world. Tom made it home safely and what a good day to be a Friday! I had another good walk (2 miles – 1 car, lots of birds) Mother’s Day cards were sent, flowers sent, laundry done (I mean every last article of clothing). It can mean only one thing-onslaught of the children. We are headed out tonight to see the boys’ friends band at a little coffeehouse in Rutland and then it appears that everyone is coming back to our house for a sleepover. What’s better than a houseful of boys? I don’t know I have no experience with anything else. Let’s see how many bodies tonight brings us. Maybe I’ll do challah bread for french toast in the morning. See, I told you everything is right with the world.🙂
Tonight is the Tex-Mex dinner at the school for Odyssey. I have made 25 pounds of taco meat and one huge chafing tray of mexican rice. In addition, I made 48 chocolate croissants. I am done. Now I only have to survive until about 10:30 tonight when the event is over. Wish me luck.