“Fall has always been my favorite season. The time when everything bursts with its last beauty, as if nature had been saving up all year for the grand finale.”
Today at 4:44 p.m. EDT – just a little while ago as I write this post, autumn rolled in. In these last few days, the leaves have really started to take on color and the mountains are starting to become dotted with the yellows, oranges and reds that traditionally herald fall foliage.
I have to admit that fall is one of my favorite seasons. There is a crisp smell to the air and a chill in the morning and evening air. It’s the beginning of sweater weather and during the fall days the sunshine feels just so wonderful on your face.
This has been a nice, relaxed weekend. I had a fun day yesterday taking some pictures for a friend and getting to walk around outside enjoying the beginnings of the fall foliage season.
Today, I have been baking, making some autumn treats — pumpkin granola bars and pumpkin granola. There are apples in a basket on the table and every visit to the Saturday’s farmer’s market makes you appreciate the fruits and vegetables of summer which will be disappearing all too soon.
Hope in the coming days, you take the time to enjoy the autumn weather if you are fortunate enough to have turning leaves and crisp nights in your neck of the woods.
- Fall Foliage Schedule for the Poconos – Pocono Mountains Pennsylvania (jackikellum.wordpress.com)
- A Detailed Guide to Photographing Fall Foliage (ifancyphoto.wordpress.com)
- Fun Facts About Fall (bostonchimneyco.com)
- Sleepy Sundays: Autumnal Equinox (cardcastlesinthesky.wordpress.com)
- Autumn Equinox: 5 Odd Facts About Fall (livescience.com)
- Savor the Season: Autumn (inspiredhealthyorganized.wordpress.com)