You are currently browsing the daily archive for June 4, 2010.
Here’s a cute take on your veggies – how can anyone not adore veggies after seeing this?
Check them all out at humorpix.com and you might never look at vegetables the same way again. 😉
Today is National Doughnut Day. Seriously, there is and it’s evidently not some box store gimmick either. It is celebrated on the First Friday of June and was created by the Salvation Army in 1938 to celebrate the women who served donuts to the soldiers during World War I. The women went to the front lines and served home cooked baked goods to the soldiers there. It was started as a fundraising event but is celebrated throughout the United States.
Donut chains, such as Dunkin’ Donuts and Krispy Kreme donuts serve free doughnuts on National Doughnut Day in celebration of the event.
Related articles by Zemanta
- National Doughnut Day 2010 – Get ‘Em While They’re Hot (blippitt.com)
- Krispy Kreme Locations For Free Donut On National Doughnut Day (huffingtonpost.com)
- National Donut Day: FREE Donuts from Dukin Donuts and Krispy Kreme (thehappyhousewife.com)
- Freebie Friday (June 4-10, 2010) (suddenlyfrugal.com)
- National Donut Day – June 4th (timesunion.com)
- Delectable Doughnut Recipe (notecook.com)