You are currently browsing the daily archive for July 6, 2009.
This past weekend, my sister was visiting and we went to the Rutland Farmer’s Market, my usual Saturday haunt. We purchased some fresh beets and put together a beet arugula salad which was delicious. Finished up the last of it for lunch today.
- one bunch of fresh beets – scrubbed clean, roasted in 1/4 inch of water for 55 minutes until fork tender – then peel the skins off and slice
- one half grilled onion – sliced or chopped
- one bunch of fresh arugula
- crumbled goat cheese to taste
- citrus dressing – 1/4 cup lemon juice, dash of balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon dry mustard, salt and pepper to taste mixed with a splash of extra virgin olive oil.
We layered the arugula, sliced beets, onions and sprinkled with the goat cheese and dressing. Delicious!