What’s a girl to do when she has to do dinner, pronto? Open the fridge, dig out the leftover taco meat and whoa-la – Taco Casserole! It was a hit with the boys and tasted pretty darn good, if I do say so myself.
For those that care – here’s the recipe:
- Taco meat – about 1 pound cooked and seasoned
- crushed tortillas or leftover taco shells
- shredded cheese
- sliced black olives
- diced tomatoes
- shredded lettuce
1. Spread taco meat into casserole dish. I pre-heated the leftover taco meat in the microwave since I was pressed for time.
2. Spread with black olives and diced tomatoes.
3. Cover with crushed tortillas or taco shells.
4. Spread about 1 cup of shredded cheese over that.
5. Place in 400 degree preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, spread shredded lettuce and salsa over top.