You are currently browsing the daily archive for January 12, 2009.
As I sit here by the fire and listening to music with my hubby, I was thinking of some of my favorite things:
- Listening to music especially the musical name that tune that Tom plays with the boys. I often think how lucky those songwriters and singers are that they can put all that emotion into music and make something beautiful. Some of our most fun evenings are just listening to snippets of songs while Tom plays DJ. Music has the ability to transport you to a good place.
- Belly laughs from babies and always from my boys.
- The way that the men in my life can playfully tease each other, with the biggest teaser being my husband.
- The way Tom kisses me on my neck when he sneaks up behind me while I am doing some horribly tedious task. Such a gentle act from such a big guy is sweet.
- A house full of laughing kids
- A good snowstorm and waking up to the magic of everything covered in white.
- Standing outside at night while its snowing and everything is so …. silent and peaceful.
- My youngest son’s face when he got his puppy for his birthday.
- Snuggling back into bed in Tom’s arms when its a really cold morning.
- Walking into the house and getting that first whiff of something delicious cooking.
- Holding hands
Mondays as a general rule get a bad rap. No one likes Monday, songs have even been written about how much people don’t like Mondays. I think this in part has to do with the fact that if you sleep in over the weekend, Mondays are just that much harder to get up and back into a routine for when they roll around. Mondays are picked on just because they are the first day of the work/school week. If the days were rearranged, we would be writing about how much we don’t like Tuesdays (or Wednesdays, etc.)
Personally I think that the success to not hating Mondays is just to not alter your schedule that much over the weekend. For those of you with children, you know where I am coming from with this. We started this ski lesson session that lasts for 10 weeks and requires us to be OUT OF THE HOUSE by 8:15 on Sunday. Not to mention that on Saturday morning guitar lessons have us out of the house by just about the same time. So, therefore, Monday is not that bad. I am up at 6-6:15 but hey, I got to sleep in until 7 on Saturday and Sunday — so, hey, I am GOOD.
For those of you without children — enjoy your weekend sleeping in and keep hating Mondays. Just keep the Monday blues to yourself – we have no pity here for those of you who know what sleeping until 10 or – dare I say it? – 11 is like. The only time I am in bed until 10 or 11 a.m. is if I am vomiting or otherwise deadly ill.