Ah, here is the dilemma with keeping ties with your old world. This morning we were all set to travel down to NJ for orthodontist and doctor appointments. However, Mother Nature had other plans. There is a Nor’Easter brewing and while we would have made it down to NJ with little to no problem, we wouldn’t have been able to return without a long and treacherous trip. This normally wouldn’t be a problem, except boys being boys and especially being teenage boys, life on Friday is busy, busy, busy. Tim has a dress rehearsal for his play in which he is one of the major characters so his fellow stars would not be happy if he didn’t show up on Friday. TJ, being TJ, well, he has a project that is due on Friday which he has yet to finish up. Tyler has a presentation to make for his English class which he has worked long and hard in putting together. So, you see, we would have to come back tonight. And with weather forecasts of 1/2 to 1 inch of ice for the better part of our trip, (which would be about 3 1/2 hours under normal weather conditions), that is not a risk we were ready to undertake. 

So, when I call the doctors to reschedule the appointments later they will undoubtedly shake their heads since NJ is not supposed to be getting anything but rain, and who’s afraid of a little rain? Tom and I both know so much better. We know not to take the risk.