You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘happy’ tag.
I came across this video over at The Lettered Cottage and just thought that it was absolutely great. Very inspirational and a good thought for a rainy Friday. For everyone out there that could use a Friday afternoon boost (whether it’s raining or not where you are) here it is:
Thanks Layla for the video link – it’s great!
Just when you don’t believe in the power of the human spirit and that there really are lots of good-hearted people out there in this world, along comes some “happy” news.
Hundreds of volunteers came together to put on one of the most elaborate Make-A-Wish Foundation‘s wishes ever. In Seattle a little boy, about the same age as my sons, got to save a whole lot of people in his capacity as a superhero and it gave him “the best day of my life.”
Spiderman, the Seattle Sounders, the Seattle Police Department and the Puget Sound Electric Company all contributed to this fantastic wish. You really have to read the whole story, a lot of people with a lot of heart made a wonderful day for a little boy.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Deadliest Catch stars play villains during superhero kid’s Make a Wish day (realityblurred.com)
- A Wish Come True: Electron Boy Saves Seattle! (wired.com)
- Make-A-Wish Foundation Introduces “World Wish DaySM” by Granting Wishes in 36 Countries (eon.businesswire.com)
- Governor Brewer Proclaims April 29th “Make-A-Wish Foundation Day” to Commemorate the 30th Anniversary of Make-A-Wish Foundation of Arizona (eon.businesswire.com)
- Electron Boy Saves Seattle (neatorama.com)
- Boy with cancer turns into a superhero for a day (seattletimes.nwsource.com)