Here’s a recipe for a good white sandwich type bread that was quick. I started this at 4 and it was on the table for dinner at 7.
The recipe is from allrecipes.com
Amish White Bread
- 2 cups warm water (110 degrees)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon yeast
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 cups of bread flour
- Mix the sugar and warm water in mixing bowl. Stir to dissolve sugar.
- Add yeast and allow to proof until foamy. (About 10 minutes)
- Add salt and vegetable oil and flour
- Knead all ingredients together with mixer equipped with dough hook for approximately 3 minutes
- Turn into a bowl greased with vegetable spray. Cover.
- Let rise for one hour.
- Punch down dough and shape into two loaves. Place in loaf pans. Cover.
- Let rise for another 30 minutes or until dough is about 1 inch above top of loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes. Place a small saucepan of water in the bottom of the oven for a nicely browned crust.